Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
Information that we may collect
PANDORA may collect and process the following data about you:
- information you provide when you enter the PANDORA Online Store
- information you provide to us via third parties such Facebook
- if you contact us to report a problem with the PANDORA Online Store or for technical or customer support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation
- information that you upload to or share through the PANDORA Online Store
- details of your access and use of the PANDORA Online Store including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and for internal marketing analysis purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your data
PANDORA will never sell or rent your personal details to any third party, including marketing companies save as we provide in this Policy.
Keeping information secure
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses of the Information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to administer and maintain our records
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site when you choose to do so
- to verify your identity and to respond to any query you may raise with us
- your information may be used by us for the purpose of research and statistical analysis and internal customer service monitoring
- we may use your data to contact you for market research purposes
The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary but may, be unlimited.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If PANDORA SA or substantially all of either or their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or the directions of the Court or any other body of competent jurisdiction; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PANDORA SA, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- We may engage the services of other parties for dealing with various matters in connection with the PANDORA App and the services provided through the PANDORA App. The providers of such services may have access to your personal data.
You may have certain rights in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights include the rights set out below:
- You are entitled to have access to your personal data. You may request by writing to us (at the address given below), details of your information which we hold and the purposes for which it is held. We will provide this information within 40 days of your request, subject to any routine processing continuing between that time and the time of response. If possible under applicable law, we may charge you a reasonable fee for this information.
- You are entitled to request that we stop using information about you for the purpose of direct marketing (i.e. the communication to you (by whatever means) of any advertising or marketing material)
- You are entitled to require us to ensure that no decision taken by or on behalf of us and which significantly affects you is based solely on the automated processing of your information, for the purpose of evaluating such matters as, for example, your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct; and
- You are entitled to require a correction of errors in the personal information held about you. If we disagree that information is inaccurate you are entitled to apply to ask the court for an order that such erroneous information be rectified, blocked, destroyed, or erased.
Whatsapp Personal Shopper
When you enter your personal information and submit it to on the PANDORA personal shopper Whatsapp chat, you consent to granting PANDORA use of this information for the stated purpose of Whatsapp communication with the delegated sales assistant. We will use this information for the Whatsapp communication only. We will only store this information for 24 hours after the chat is completed, it will then be deleted. PANDORA does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of the information you submit. PANDORA uses a number of safety precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorized use. PANDORA will not disclose your personal information to any third party. PANDORA does not give other companies access to your registered information.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PANDORA'S WEBSITES
PANDORA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions continuously and we therefore advise you to read them regularly.
PANDORA wants to ensure that the information you share with us is maintained safely and securely on the internet. These terms and conditions cover how we use your personal information.When you become a member of PANDORA Club, we ask you for some personal information, including your name, address, date of birth, gender and email address.
PANDORA uses this information to fulfill our commitments and provide you with the benefits and services that PANDORA Club membership entitles you to. When you enter your personal information and submit it to PANDORA, you consent to granting PANDORA use of this information for the stated purpose.
You are entitled to request this information from PANDORA at any time, and we will delete it at your request.
PANDORA uses a number of safety precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorized use. We only store this information for a limited time. PANDORA does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of the information you submit.
PANDORA only uses your personal information for PANDORA Club administration purposes, and to perform general market analyses, such as purchasing behaviour.
PANDORA will not disclose your personal information, including your email address, to any third party. And PANDORA does not give other companies access to your registered information.
However, PANDORA does disclose anonymous information, such as results of market analyses, to authorized PANDORA dealers only. The purpose of this is to ensure that every PANDORA dealer is able to provide you with the best possible service, and with a relevant product assortment.
When you join PANDORA Club, you agree to receive our newsletter. PANDORA uses the information you enter to send out the newsletter.
The newsletter will be sent to the email address you provided when you signed up. It is your responsibility to update your personal details, including your e-mail address.
If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the link in the newsletter.
No longer wish to be a member of the PANDORA Club?
If you no longer wish to be a member of the PANDORA Club, simply go to My Page on the PANDORA website and delete your membership.
PANDORA reserves the right to terminate your PANDORA Club membership if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
PANDORA makes reservations for printing-errors, price changes and sold-out goods.
Some of PANDORA’s websites gives you the option to post comments and other contributions, such as photos etc. We expect users of PANDORA’s website to use decent and respectable language in their posts.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the content of your comments and/or other contributions are not in any way racist, defamatory, violates anyone’s privacy or any other legislation.
You are only allowed to post comments and/or other contributions in English. Comments and other contributions in other languages will be deleted by our moderators.
PANDORA reserves the right to delete comments and other contributions.
All content on PANDORA’s Online Store, including but not limited to articles, photos, moving images and graphics, belongs to and is administrated by Pandora SA, whose address is: 4 Karen Street, Bryanston, Johannesburg 2191.
You are allowed to produce digital and/or physical copies of the content for you own personal use. Any other production of digital or physical copies of content on PANDORA’s websites is not allowed. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right to publish comments and/or other contributions. Should PANDORA receive claims related to the content or other contributions which you have posted, such claims will be forwarded to you.
Your comments and/or other contributions must not contain commercial messages. PANDORA has unlimited rights to use comments and/or other contributions posted by you in every way and on all present and future media platforms, including but not limited to marketing of PANDORA’s products.
If you have any questions about PANDORA’s web sites, your PANDORA Club membership and/or your personal information, please contact us on 011 706 2377
For online/eStore enquiries contact: [email protected]
For general enquiries contact: [email protected]
Today, PANDORA is present on six continents and, like many other global brands, we are facing the challenge of counterfeiters attempting to violate our brand, our products and our identity. It is illegal to sell counterfeit (fake) products. However, fraudulent counterfeiters continually attempt to exploit the PANDORA brand and benefit from the fame and worldwide success we have achieved.
Therefore, we safeguard our intellectual property rights by all available means, including comprehensive global surveillance, registration and control programmes, so that you can remain confident that your PANDORA product is authentic and lives up to our high quality standards. We take serious action on a local level, as well as internationally, to stop counterfeiting of our products, and we strongly believe that our efforts will decrease the amount of infringers attempting to mislead you into believing that you are buying authentic PANDORA jewelry.
The impact of Counterfeiting
When purchasing fake products, people directly or indirectly contribute to undermining responsible practices in the jewelry industry:
- Sellers of fake and illegal products rarely follow the standards and laws that legitimate companies adhere to in their practices, such as laws prohibiting forced labour and child labour, and laws protecting workers' rights
It is our assumption that
- Counterfeiters are known to not pay taxes, duties or customs fees in accordance with laws
- Counterfeiters are know to not manufacture their products in accordance with laws protecting the health and safety of the public, such as laws prohibiting the use of toxic and other harmful substances
- Illegitimate dealers rarely offer customer service and after sales service. By purchasing your jewelry from an authorized PANDORA dealer, your purchase is protected under our warranty policy, and you can benefit from the support of our customer service staff in many countries around the world